Be careful who's advice you buy. Be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia; dispensing it is a way of fishing out the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it is worth.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

lost in Pa

Today I just felt lost. In every sense of the word.

To start out with I got lost on my way home from my new job, (side note: yay me!) I mean really lost. I missed the turn to get on the correct road due to the miles of construction taking place that had not started til after I had passed by the first time. Granted this was my first time ever driving the route myself so I guess I could not be too upset with missing the turn, but I was so bull-headed that I waitied until I really did not knopw where I was to call and ask for help. Even then it took my dad, 2 construction workers, and a sign to get me back on "a" track to get me home.
 In the end I found myself back in the town of the College University and saw my professor walking out of a building so I stopped to say Hi. She is taking a sabbatical next year to go and work on her art. which is good, for her. She will be gone for an entire year. So now I am worried about what to do next. Should I go for the double major? should I major with the B.F.A. and get a minor in English and then just get a teaching cert? Should I go back to the island and just stick out the lease?
I got a new job but the pay is the lowest I have ever been paid since I was 16. That really has me at a loss. Then again if I am going back to college then I guess it is ok to just have a part time job. But what about Alix? What about Dyan? How will they survive while I am off student teaching? I don't think I can work while I am doing that.

I am so lost without Dylan here. He is the one I ramble off everything to and he always has some silly comment that makes me feel better. I know he is down there on the island having fun. There is a Pow wow this weekend and they are letting him be a part of the festivities. I do not understand how he can be so calm about our separation. I called him and asked why he had not called his daughter back and he asked if he had to call every day. I said no hunny but you promised to call and talk to her. He had forgotten that he said that. I sometimes worry that he is using his memory as an excuse to not have to do things or remember things. I mean he always remembers what his boss tells him to do. right?

Being home is weird. i think it is so weird because my sister is also here and she just drives me up a wall. Her business is none of mine but living together again lets me see glimpses of it even if I don't want to. She is up to her old trick again making sure she is not being ignored. I would love nothing more than to simply say that she can stay and I will just get an apartment, but I need to get some money together to get myself out of debt and back in the "green". I am trying to fix the mistakes I made and (to me at least) she is just trying to get people to give her something, anything. I know my mom and dad love her but they are saints people. really and truly. I would have thrown her out on her ass the first time she did one of the things she did. Then again maybe I would not have. If Alix ever does anything simiular to her aunt I have no clue how I would react. I just don't see me having the same patience and forgivness they have.

I am a firm believer of the phrase "hurt me once, shame on you; hurt me twice, shame on me."

But for now I am lost and just a little alone because I have no place to go. I just need to... figure out what I need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment