So today was Easter Sunday. I got up early and put out Dylan's and Alix's baskets and yelled upstairs that the Easter Bunny had come. Then I jumped into the shower. I got out and both baskets had been riffled through and there was not one for me.
Now I know what you are thinking... Easter is not about a stupid basket. The whole thing brought up a recurring issue though. Dylan never thinks of me at holiday are Birthdays. or our anniversary.My first Mother's Day... he didn't even say Happy mother's day. My birthday? He thinks a great roll in the sack is a good present. Today when I asked him if he got me anything he ran upstairs and got the gift he was going to give me for Russian Christmas. (long story it never happened) It was a bag of plaster. Now I have been wanting a bag, (it's my medium of choice for sculpting) but, not for a gift...as the whole gift. That would be something my dad would get me as a gag gift. The only time he actually does well when buying stuff... Christmas. well at least the Christmas before last.
Now don't mis-understand, I have been making excuses for him for the last three years. "He's working too hard to remember" or "He just not romantic" or "He has a bad memory". I am tired of always making excuses for him. I am always tired of giving and giving. It's not like it is a competition either. I honestly forget about what he has done past years hoping he gets it right the next time. he never does... Like for Easter I was shopping and saw a lunch box... Mom always gets dad a lunch box for one holiday or another and I thought that it was a good time to get Dylan one. (Alix destroyed his current one.) The gag part of his gift was plastic silverware and paper plates so he doesn't have to do dishes while I am gone. Then I threw in some choc free candy and called it a basket. I even put a new travel coffee mug in because I always "lose" his. The whole kit and caboodle cost 25 bucks. The point is I thought of my husband. I even showed it to him early so he might get the hint to get me something...any thing.
Instead he asked why I didn't get him his favorite candy.
I am really tired of feeling like I am left out at the holidays. What so I do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your father is one of the few men I know who is good at gift giving. His dad was like that. It is something they are taught when they are young, I think. Some men just have to be flat out told what to get but there is not fun in that. Bill is slipping up on the cards dept. though. I will have to tell him about that.
ReplyDeleteHow to get more followers? I visit other blogs and becoming a follower of theirs then some of the ones who comment on their blogs, you just click on their pictures and go to their blog and become their follower and soon you will get more followers.