But then again if I record my life I may be able to help my daughter and future children be able to remember their childhood.
So where to begin? Let's start with a recap of how I ended up where I am now... To do that we must go back about three years.....
I was in college and madly in Love with the man I later married. We were living together(must to my father's dismay)and going to college and trying to decide what to do next. I was working two jobs and going to school and He had a job and school as well. December of 2006 came and Dylan (my now husband) decided it was time to propose and make it official. (we also wanted my father to speak to us again) So he proposed to me and that night we celebrated like any couple would. We set the date for August and I told my mother by asking her if she could make me a wedding dress in nine months. She asked if I was pregnant and I said no... I just want to be married in August.
Well wedding plans ensued and so did school and work and yadadadada... until February when a friend came over and asked where the tampons were. Then it hit me... I didn't know because I had not had to use them.
Mom was right. I was pregnant.
The doctors said I had to cut my activities in half and then he put me on bed rest because I wouldn't stop. he also made me move the wedding date to June. Dylan got a second job and drop out of school as well to take care of me. After the first trimester I was allowed to get up and by the the time of the wedding I was off restriction. Not that it helped because no one would hire the woman who was 6 months pregnant...
The day we got back from the wedding Dylan went to work and quit one job to work full time at the other. when he walked into the second job he was fired.
We panicked. we moved into my parents house for a while and then found a place of our own near by. Dylan got a job and after Alix was born I got one too. but we were struggling. so we got the bright idea to leave Pa and go south. "there and more jobs in the south" we told our selves.
Well here we are three year later. After three moves we have decided that it was wrong to leave Pa before finishing our degrees.
So there you are. You are caught up...That was the quick and painless version of the last three years. I will use this Blog to document the road I take to becoming the mother, teacher and wife I have always wanted to be....
For now, Blessed be and know I will always leave you a flower.
No comments:
Post a Comment